While the building remains closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, your library is still here for you. Buckham Memorial Library is committed to providing you expanded access to online resources and safe access to physical materials through a limited no-contact curbside pickup service.
Buckham Memorial Library is reinstating our No-Contact Curbside Service. You will be able to request and pick up materials from Buckham Memorial Library’s collection only. Interlibrary loan is currently suspended. We are not able to order from other SELCO libraries or MNLink at this time. We are happy to connect you to materials that are currently available on the shelves at Buckham Memorial Library.
If you have access to the Library’s digital services, we strongly encourage you to use those online services instead of using the no-contact curbside pickup service. If you need assistance using the Library’s digital services, please email email@example.com.
To support social distancing efforts, Buckham Memorial Library is operating with very limited staff. First-time users of this service will be given priority over repeat users. Wait times for material requests will be longer than usual. Thank you for your patience.
The book return remains closed. Please do not attempt to use the curbside pickup cart to return materials. This is essential to maintain safe handling of all library materials. No late fines will be charged during this time.
Hours for No-Contact Curbside Pickup: Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Please follow these steps to participate in the No-Contact Curbside Pickup:
- Use the library catalog on our website at www.faribault.org/library to search for items currently available at Buckham Memorial Library only. The item must have a status of “available” at Buckham Memorial Library in order to call to request it. Placing requests through the online catalog is currently unavailable. You must call the Library to place a request. We are unable to fill material requests placed prior to the library’s closure at this time.
- Call the Library at 507-334-2089 Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. to request materials that are currently available at Buckham Memorial Library. (Maximum of 5 items per pickup request.)
- When calling to request materials, you must provide your library card number.
- When your materials are ready for pickup, library staff will contact you to set up an appointment for a no-contact curbside pickup.
- To support social distancing, please arrive for your appointment on time. If you are late or miss your appointment, you will need to reschedule an appointment for a different day.
- When you arrive at the library for your no-contact curbside pickup, you will see the designated curbside pickup cart. Please park in the parking stall in front of the curbside pickup cart.
- Please call 507-334-2089 to let us know that you have arrived. Stay in your vehicle with the windows rolled up.
- A library staff member will bring a plastic bag with your requested items out and place it on the curbside pickup cart. The bag will have your name on it.
- Wait for the library staff member to leave and allow sufficient time for that person to return safely into the library building.
- Exit your vehicle and pick up your bag. If other people or vehicles are present, please practice social distancing and wait to exit your vehicle.
If you have questions, please call 507-334-2089 Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. or email firstname.lastname@example.org.