Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me® button, and you will automatically be alerted about the latest events in our community.
March 1, 2018 - March 31, 2018
The Maud Hart Lovelace Book Award is a children's choice book award designed to encourage recreational reading among school age children. Maud Hart Lovelace was a famous Minnesota author, born and raised in Mankato at the turn of the twentieth century, and best known for her Betsy and Tacy series.
Students in grades 3-5 who have read or listened to at least three titles from the Division I nominee list and students in grades 6-8 who have read or listened to at least three titles from the Division II nominee list are eligible to vote for the Maud Hart Lovelace Award.
Students vote for a favorite title in March, so now is the time to start reading! See the list below and visit the library’s special Maud Hart Lovelace Nominee sections in the children’s and young adult areas to get started. For more information about the Maud Hart Lovelace Award, visit: www.maudhartlovelace.org/ [Psst! I am a MYRA member! Send me your votes! – Ms. Deni]
The Star of the North Picture Book Award was established by the Minnesota Youth Reading Awards (MYRA). Its purpose is to promote quality, engaging picture books and reading for pleasure among school-aged children.
Here is how the award works:
• Each year ten picture book nominees will be announced.
• Students or library participants who read or have read to them at least eight of the ten nominees will be eligible to vote.
• Votes will be collected through MYRA members each March. [Psst! I am a MYRA member! Send me your votes! – Ms. Deni]
• The award winner will be announced each year between April 18 and 25. New nominees will be announced at the same time.
• This award is focused on picture books intended for a kindergarten through 2nd grade audience. However, pre-k and older children are also welcome to participate.
For more information about this award, visit: www.starofthenorthaward.org/