Low-Rent Public Housing
Housing UnitsThe Faribault Housing and Redevelopment Authority (HRA) manages 49 units of low-rent public housing. The public housing units include single-family homes, duplexes and townhouse-style units, scattered throughout the City of Faribault.
Income LimitsThe units are available for rent by very low-income families of 2 or more persons whose household income is less than 50% of the Rice County Area Median Income.
*Current income limits are as follows:
- 2 People: $55,350
- 3 People: $62,250
- 4 People: $69,150
- 5 People: $74,700
- 6 People: $80,750
- 7 People: $85,750
- 8 People: $91,300
Effective April 02, 2021
Unit SizesThe unit sizes include 2-, 3-, and 4- bedroom units. Each unit comes with a refrigerator, range and hookups for washing machines and dryers. Some of the larger sites include playgrounds, while other units are in close proximity to parks, schools and churches.
PetsTenants are allowed to have small pets, including cats and dogs weighing less than 15 pounds.
Required Participation ProgramsAll adult residents of public housing are required to participate in an economic self-sufficiency program or complete 8 hours of community service each month unless they fall into one of the following exception categories:
- Age 62 years or older; or
- Are blind or disabled or primary caretakers or such individuals; or
- Are enrolled in school or other type of self-sufficiency program; or
- Are enrolled in training/educational activities or provide child care services to an individual who is participating in a community service program; or
- Are on MFIP and are not currently sanctioned for non-compliance.
- Work 30 or more hours per week; or