Faribault has a population of approximately 24,000 people. We have a dedicated workforce and we are only a short drive from other population centers, including the Twin Cities and south metro. Our location allows employers to access a labor market that reaches well beyond the city limits. Independent analysis of the city's workforce has shown that Faribault's labor market stretches well into the south metropolitan region. The multi-county region, in addition to the local labor shed, is expected to grow at a faster rate than other Minnesota communities.
Faribault is fortunate to have strong partners to aid in the workforce and training challenges being felt across the nation. In addition to a growing workforce population, our partners help make workforce development a success.
South Central College (SCC)1225 3rd Street SW
Faribault, MN 55021
The local community college offers customized and cost effective training - and has a long tradition of being responsive to industry and workforce development needs specific to local employers in the Faribault region.
- SCC was one of the first campuses in Minnesota to develop a Mechatronics Engineering Technician program to aid local employer SageGlass with a very technical and unique training process.
- SCC has tailored their HVAC program to place an emphasis on industrial refrigeration content, for local employer Daikin Applied Air.
- SCC has developed a Commercial Driver's License program to meet the region-wide demand for truck drivers
CareerForce - Faribault201 Lyndale Avenue S, Suite 1
Faribault, MN 55021
As a collaborative group of private, public and nonprofit partners, CareerForce offers an impressive range of innovative services, including one-on-one guidance, training, networking, labor market information and much more. The Faribault CareerForce location is committed to helping:
- Individuals start, advance or change their career
- Employers attract, develop and retain talent
- Minnesota thrive economically!